Tuesday, November 11, 2008
OUR FIRST CHRISTMAS TOGETHER- 1975
I love Christmas and when I was looking back on some old slides, I ran across some of the slides of our first Christmas just 4 months after we were married.
Notice the T.V. It was a black and white T.V. that his parents gave us. The table is a table John and I refinished which was the table my mother and dad had when they were first married in approximately 1935. When my parents moved into their first home (it was really a tent home) the table fell out of the truck and broke right in half. The crack goes right through the top of the table and I love that about the table because it tells a story. That first Christmas together was perfect and we have had 33 perfect Christmas days since.
I'm trying to think of who took this picture. I don't believe there were timers on cameras back then. This earth experience is one big circle. This year will be the first year in 33 years where John and I will be the only ones home on Christmas morning. Wow that is crazy--. It should be fun though because I remember how much fun we have always had on Christmas--it is the BEST!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Wow that's awesome - I don't think I have ever seen those pics. You should do "Pictures and Times My Kids Know Nothing About" updates on this thing. Where is the old table anyway? John
what is a slide?
Mom I love that! You have made some changes to your blog! So cute. I am with John I love new stories and pictures, please share more!!! I want, I want, I want!!!
You and John look so cute. I love priceless pictures like that!
Thats so fun to look at your first christmas together! You guys look so cute and happy! Hey I talked to laura the other day and she asked if I received my assignment for thanksgiving yet....I have checked all my emails and I don't think I have, so when you get a chance could you send it to me again. Thanks Nicole
That is soooo awesome! I am excited to look back 33 years from now at our Christmas pictures!
oh my gosh mom that is so cute! i want more slides too!
Those pictures are awesome. Your tree looks pretty dang good for just being married 4 months. Our first christmas tree was pretty sad looking back at videos. Love you guys. Deb
These pictures made me want to get a hold of our first Christmas together and I am frustrated because I can't put my fingers on just where they are! I see a search and rescue mission in my closets coming up! When I find them, I will post them. We had a Christmas Day all alone when our two youngest were gone, one on a mission and the other at BYU-H saving money for their China Tour and it was the married kids "off" year. It was great, no pressure no hype!
Where did the time go. Cute couple.
Barbara
Such Sweet pictures! time does fly by. It was so fun to go to dinner and the movie with you guys. Thanks for being such an Awesome aunt!!
Post a Comment