Thursday, August 28, 2008

Morgan Valley

Here is dad's latest painting, "Morgan Valley". If you look close you can see the M on the mountain. It turned out so good and I really do think it is one of his best. We went to Morgan and took a ton of pictures so this was painted using one of those pictures as a model.

10 comments:

Kathleen Gauger said...

Beautiful picture. Is your house like a Gallery loaded with the beautiful paintings that John has done? It is fun to visit your blog and see your updates.

Jess said...

Very nice picture! oh and tell becca that i saw the "M" first so she owes me a diet coke at harts...

Melanie said...

What? I saw it first! Let Grandma and Grandpa Smith know they owe me a quarter!!!! John D

Sharp family said...

Oh, you are both full of beans! I always see the "M" first, I can't believe you haven't learned that yet. Besides I heard that who ever saw the "M" in the painting first (which was me!) gets the painting! Thanks dad you are the BEST!!! Bec

Robert and Lindsay said...

I love looking at your blog! You are the most incredible grandma! they are lucky kids! i love john's pictures! i don't know if i ever told you but robert's family (Heiners) come from morgan! there has to be some sort of relation!

Rachel said...

What a great picture! It reminds me of when we used to make that long drive, we were always so glad when we finally saw the M on the mountain. The light is beautiful in the painting John, great job!

Melanie said...

I love this painting!!! I have to admit I want all of them!

Linda Clark said...

I am so glad that Katie put your blog on her site so I can access it and see your amazing life and family. WOW! I did not know that John was such an accomplished artist, his paintings are incredible. Now I need to have a chart of who's who and who belongs to who! Love reading your blog!

Davis' said...

Wow-

That is absolutely amazing.. I am so impressed. I have always wished that I had artistic ability.. Hope things are going well for you.. love ya

taren

Brad Anderson said...

Where's my prize? I made the "M" in Morgan with 3 bags of plaster and my one two hands.
Great painting. Where's mine? I beg. I plead. I need. Come on Uncle John!