Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Boys Night at Grandpa and Grandmas

I just don't know what Christmas would be like without kids around.  I guess that is why we recruit the grandkids to stay with us through the Holidays.  Tuesday night the three boys stayed with us and we had a great time playing around with them.  It's a heck of a lot better than John and I rocking in our rocking chairs without anyone around.  The next few pictures are the fun with spent with the boys--I must say I love the way these three boys got along-not a bit of trouble.  Sometimes it is hard when there are three playing together but not these boys they played like best friends.


We started the night with some pizza and cinnamon pizza.  That seems to do the trick with  boys


Then we brought out the race track we've had since John Daniel was a boys.   Boys never get tired of playing with the regular race tracks.  The boys didn't even pull out their electronic devices.  Just some good old fashion playing.

Grandpa had to join in the fun.  They had some good competitions

Then off to the movies.
We saw "The Chronicles of Narnia:  The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" in 3D.
It was amazing.  I loved, loved this movie.

When we got home the boys put their sleeping bags down in the playroom.  For Christmas this year John and I gave all the grandkids a sleeping bag with their name on it so they came in real handy.

I think grandpa wanted to get his sleeping bag and hang out with the boys .

For breakfast the boys woke up to some "Abelskivers" with butterscotch syrup.

When I heard it was going to snow starting at 2:00 a.m. I decided to go get the boys snow clothes so they could sleigh ride in the morning.  I was so glad I did because they had a great time sledding.  They scoped out three different spots to sled.  

The first hill was down our driveway.  It was pretty good because it was so slushy.
They were probably going a little too fast for grandma to watch.

The second sleigh riding spot was the road going down to the barns.  This was fun because grandpa would wait for them at the bottom of the road and 4-wheel them back up.  Pretty cushy.

They thought they were pretty smart getting a ride with grandpa

The last spot they tried was behind our house in the pasture.  This was the steepest but I don't believe as fast as the roads.   With a little work this could be a great hill to slide down.  Grandpa had to guard them from running into the rocks.  After a few contests to see who could get the furthest they came in for some hot chocolate.
We loved having the boys.  Now we will just have to wait until Thursday when it is Addie and Jane's turn to stay at Grandpa and Grandmas.  Life couldn't get better

1 comment:

Rachel said...

How fun! And look at those fancy abelskivers or whatever for breakfast...you are quite the gourmet! The sledding would just make my boys weep with envy. So fun!