Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hen House


I know this may look like a child's playhouse but this is the hen house dad has been building. He has the whole thing figured out and well planned. It is very symtematic as you may well guess. It will even be fun to clean out the poop with this layout--so he says. There will be a door that opens automatically with an electric eye so the chicks come out in the morning and enter the house at sun down before the door shuts automatically. What a concept
This is where dad needed my help. I was his side kick who held up the piece so he could staple it up. I knew I was good for something. Actually I find it very fun to help dad with all his projects. When I work with him he always says, "Isn't this fun?" I always assure him I'm having a great time and I love it. Actually he helps me in the kitchen too with the honey and jam by cleaning up after me.

5 comments:

The Greenwoods said...

looks like fun!!! Thanks for the honey it is delicious :)

Joe and Brenda Ashby said...

John
Joe is wondering if you needs some cabinets in the hen house don't want them to feel left out. I love the shirt I wonder where you got it. Fun to see all of your different projects that you always have going on never a dull moment in your house.

Jane said...

Man, dad sure loves his hen's to build them a house like that. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next. Deb

Linda Clark said...

Hey...we should combine our bbq sauce with your honey, that would be good! Everyone is trying to get Dale to make a honey kind.

Rachel said...

I love it, don't let Ritty's chickens see it or they will be green with envy! It's beautiful!