Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I've been tagged

Jessica Tagged me. It’s probably a little boring coming from a grandma but here it goes.

Ten years ago…….
1- Tens years ago today Rebecca was in her first year of marriage and calling home often from Idaho
2-Tens years ago today Deborah was just a few days away from her 17th birthday loving school but still not enjoying dating.
3- Ten years ago today I was probably worried about John Daniel turning 16 and entering the world of dating and driving. (However I have since learned he was already driving)
4-Tens years ago today Jessica was 10 years old and in the sixth grade. She broke her hip that year and she learned quickly what it was like being in a wheelchair and using crutches.
5-Ten years ago today John was Bishop and we had most of the kids home and life was sweet.
6-Ten years ago today John changed jobs and started building 3 years earlier
7-Ten years ago today I was the Stake Camp Director and was starting to plan for the summer camp.
8–Ten years ago today I was still enjoying my mother and father here calling them about every day.
9-Ten years ago today I was on the City Council PTA working as leadership Vice President.
10- Ten years ago today I was probably thinking about how lucky I was to have such great kids and husband as I do today.


Things on my "to do" list today
Do Laundry
Pay Bills
Type Newsletter for Young Womens
Sew on quilt
Go to bank, this list could really go on. (There is always so much to do but isn’t that a great
problem to have. At my age I am grateful to have good health to do these things.)

Snacks I enjoy
This could be a very big list, I’ll stop at my top five
Dill pickle chip dip on anything, pretzels, chips, crackers etc.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with cold milk
Sugar Cookies with cold milk
Popcorn with cold milk
Nuts & Chocolate


What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire
Hire my own personal secretary and assistant full time to help me with everything.
Hire a decorator and redecorate the house
Save it so Dad and I could go on missions
Take the entire family on a cruise or trip every year
Secretly surprise people with things like cars, money and things they might need.


Three of my bad habits
I love to watch the News and Politics too much
You know those treats I just talked about —eating those
I still twirl my hair at night


Five places I have lived—Oh this funny——-just three—-American Fork, Highland and Alpine

Jobs that I have had.
Took care of 4 wheelchair girls at the Utah State Training School (Loved this)
Waitress at a Mexican Restaurant In Rexburg Idaho (hated this)
Secretary working for the State

Five things people might not know about me
Put on the National Who's Who's in Business during college
Played the clarinet for six years
Faked sick when asked to the Sophomore Slide so I didn’t have to go
Snuck into a Golf Course at night to swim in the lake and find golf balls with a date
I’m very afraid of Flying

Everyone I know who blogs have already been tagged

5 comments:

Sharp family said...

Mom that was so fun to read! WOW you have really lived on the edge! You FAKED SICK! I have never done that :)
Love ya, Bec

Jess said...

wow mom i did not know those things about you..like becca said...YOU FAKED SICK?? haha. i didn't know you played the clarinet either. that was great. i'm glad i tagged you!

Rachel said...

I had no idea about the clarinet either! And I can't believe how much you could remember about 10 years ago, that's amazing! Thanks so much for doing it, it's fun to read. Rachel

amy said...

Hey, It's Amy, Nick's sister. I told him Deb needed to start a blog so we could keep up on their kiddos and he directed me to yours - what a cop out. So just know that I am now learning about you as I try to keep up on the Greers.

Rachel said...

Hey Arlene, are you still there or are you completely buried in the snow? I wish you could send some our way, we are in final water restrictions because there's a good chance Raleigh could run out of water by summer. Scary...good thing we have some stored. Rach